General Terms and Conditions of Passage
- NOMINAL STATUS OF PASSENGERS
According to E.U. Directive 98/41, as incorporated into Greek Law PD 23/1999 as amended and valid, it is mandatory for any passenger ship departing from a Greek port, for safety reasons, the nominal registration of the passengers on each route.
In particular, must be listed:
- The name of the passenger (in full)
- Gender: man/woman
- Nationality (e.g.GR)
- Date of birth (day/ month/ year)
- The telephone number for the exclusive purpose of notifying the passenger in case of delay, cancellation or frustration of the ship’s itinerary. In case of the passenger’s failure to disclose contact details, it is registered in writing by the issuer in the System. In case of electronic booking, the passenger fills in his contact details in the relevant electronic form or fills in the option «I do not wish to be informed in case of delay, cancellation or cancellation of the route».
In addition, the issuing agent must be notified of passengers requiring SPECIAL CARE.
It is strictly forbidden to issue tickets on board; therefore, for their convenience, passengers must contact their travel agent on time, to book and issue their tickets.
Children up to 5 years old: it is obligatory to issue a Free of Charge ticket.
Each passenger ticket is personal, non-transferable and is valid only for the category, date, route and trip for which it was issued.
- PURCHASE OF PASSENGER TICKETS AND VEHICLE TRANSPORT RECEIPTS
Purchase of passenger tickets and vehicles transport receipts may be conducted in the following ways:
- Through the website goutoslines.gr or www.goutoslines.com
- From all tourist offices, travel agents or shipping agencies co-operating with us.
Tickets purchased through our website can be obtained from the shipping agencies through which the booking transpired.
- BOARDING PROCEDURE
According to law 3709/2008 passengers are required to be at the embarkation area half an hour prior to the scheduled time of departure and to bring their vehicles to the waiting area 1 hour prior to the departure.
Drivers are obliged to embark and disembark their vehicle. Vehicles’ passengers must exit the vehicle before embarkation. Vehicles’ priority order for embarkation is determined by the Port Regulations of each Port Authority, where embarkation takes place.
All passengers should be able to present their valid travel documents. The company reserves the right not to allow boarding in case of a passenger not having the travel documents required.
In case the passenger wishes to abort his journey after boarding, then he/she is obliged to inform the vessel’s Purser’s Office and upon leaving the ship to take all of his/her luggage as well. In case of vehicles, please mind that there is the possibility of being unable to remove them from the ship’s garage due to their pre-arranged parking positions.
- TICKET OPTION DATE
Tickets must be issued within a specific time period following their booking, of which passengers are advised by their travel agent. If tickets are not issued within this period, the booking is automatically cancelled.
- OPEN DATE TICKETS
Passenger or vehicle tickets can be converted to Open-Date tickets to be used on a next trip.
Tickets can be changed only by the tourist office/ agency or shipping agency which has issued the ticket or by the company’s central shipping agencies at the ports.
Open-Date tickets are replaced by a new ticket of equal or greater value, by paying the difference depending on the availability for the same or a different trip. For this new ticket all cancellation terms above do not apply and any difference in price is not refundable. The new ticket cannot be issued with any discount if the original ticket has no discount. Vehicles tickets cannot be replaced by any passenger tickets and vice-versa.
Open-Date tickets are valid up to one year from the date and time of issued.
Tickets can be converted to Open-Date tickets up to four (4) hours before ship departure in low season.
In high season and legal holidays, tickets can be converted to Open-Date tickets up to 24 hours before ship departure.
- from 01-01-2021 to 22-04-2021
- from 10-05-2021 to 10-06-2021
- from 13-09-2021 to 30-09-2021
- from 23-04-2021 to 09-05-2021
- from 11-06-2021 to 12-09-2021
Open-Date tickets are valid up to one year from the date and time of issued. It is necessary that the initial ticket be replaced with a new ticket before boarding. If, until the date of travel, the fare has been increased, owners of such tickets must pay the difference.
- PREPAID TICKET
We inform you that our company supports the service of prepaid tickets (PTA).
- CANCELLATION OF TICKETS
Tickets cancelled up to 48 hours before the ship’s departure time have no charge.
Tickets cancelled up to 12 hours before the ship’s departure (exact time) have 50% refund of the fare.
Tickets converted to Open-Date tickets have a 50% cancellation fee charge.
For cancellations made in less than 12 hours before departure time fare CANNOT be refunded.
After departure: Tickets cannot be cancelled, cannot be converted to open date, and no change of date is possible.
Tickets can only be cancelled by the travel agents by which they were issued; they cannot be cancelled by phone. Persons wishing to cancel a ticket must deliver it to the agency that has issued it.
- CANCELLATION OF DEPARTURE OR DELAY DUE TO EXTREME WEATHER CONDITIONS
- DELAYED DEPARTURE:
Passengers and their vehicles can board the vessel without changing their tickets.
- CANCELLATION OF DEPARTURE:
The tickets of a cancelled departure are not valid for embarkation and must be exchanged with a valid boarding card for the next scheduled departure, pending on availability.
In case of a departure being delayed or cancelled due to extreme weather conditions etc., passengers are kindly requested to contact the company’s port agencies or through the website www.goutoslines.com in order to be informed about the new departure time.
- TICKET(S) LOSS:
In case of ticket loss, a new ticket must be bought.
The company will endeavor to adhere to the itineraries that are mentioned in the brochure. However, it maintains the right for their modification, if it is absolutely necessary.
- TICKET CONTROL ON BOARD
We kindly request that the tickets of passengers and vehicles as well as the reduced fare tickets be issued correctly in order to avoid any discomfort. The Purser Office carries out ticket controls at the embarkation and during the journey. Upon such controls, passengers are required to present their tickets as well as any documents which entitle them to a reduced fare ticket.
Passengers are entitled to carry free of charge, luggage up to 50 kilos.
Luggage should be placed in the designated areas of the vessels as per the crew’s instructions. Luggage must not contain valuable items. The value items are carried under the responsibility of the holder.
It is not allowed to place luggage or items in passenger seats.
- PASSENGERS WITH SPECIAL NEEDES
Our vessel has specially designated areas for the best service of passengers with special needs. Due to limited availability it is advisable to book early.
The issuer or the Company must be inform at the time of the ticket booking that assistance is needed, notify the carrier no later than forty-eight (48) hours before the boarding procedure and be at the a predetermined point at a specified time, which does not exceed sixty (60) minutes.
- TRANSPORTATION OF UNACCOMPANIED MINORS
Transportation of minor passengers, who have not reached the age of 15, is not allowed.
The transportation of minor passengers, who have reached the age of 15 to 18 years, without being accompanied by a parent or a guardian, is permitted under the following conditions:
- Completion of a Statutory Declaration by the parent or the legal guardian of the minor with his/her signature, certified by the relevant Police or Port Authority.
- For boarding on vessel, the minor passenger must possess in hand the original Statutory Declaration, along with the ticket, as well as his/her Identity Card for identification purposes.
- In any case, the parent or the legal guardian of the minor passenger bears in full the responsibility for the prompt acquisition and certification of the Statutory Declaration, as well as of any accompanying documents that may be required at the port of departure. Under no circumstances will the company be liable if, due to inadequate documents and/or identification certificates, boarding is not allowed by the vessel’s Officers or the Port Authorities.
Relevant declaration forms are available at the Customer Services Dept., tel.: +30-210-6135422, e-mail: email@example.com , as well as at the local port offices of the company.
- PET ACCOMMODATION
Vessels, has special areas for the accommodation of pets. For reasons of public hygiene, pets are not allowed in cabins, bars, restaurants and the ship’s indoor public areas. When walking on the open deck, they are required to wear muzzle and be on a leash, accompanied by a guardian.
Passengers traveling with a pet should hold updated health documents for their pet and are responsible for the pet’s care, safety and hygiene.
Guide pets, mainly dogs, that help people with special needs, are allowed to accompany them in ships indoor public areas, provided they have relevant certificates.
Unaccompanied pets are not accepted for embarkation.
- NO SMOKING LAW 3730
Complying with the National Law 3730 of the Greek Ministry of Health, as from 1st July 2009 smoking is strictly prohibited in all enclosed public areas, as well as the vessel’s cabins. Passengers may smoke in the designated areas on the open outer decks.
- FARES / DISCOUNTS
The ticket price (freight) includes the transfer of the passenger to the port of destination, sear category chosen, as well as any additional legal chargers (taxes, port fees, etc).
The price of vehicle transport receipt (freight) includes the transport of the vehicle to the port of destination and any legal chargers thereof (taxes, port fees, etc).
Discounts are not cumulative. If more than one discount cases are in force, only the bigger discount applies.
Passengers entitled to discount are kindly requested to declare so at the time of reservation and present all relevant documents both at the issue of the corresponding discount ticket and on boarding the vessel. After ticket issue, no fare difference is refunded.
Passenger groups are entitled to special agreements. For more information and reservations please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The company grants discounts to passengers in accordance with its commercial policy.
- DISCOUNTS TO PASSENGER TICKETS
Indicatively, we clarify the following:
- 100% Discount
- Children up to 5 years of age, the obligatory issue of zero-fare ticket.
- Needy, with a Certificate of the Relevant Department, Prefectural, Identity Card and Service Note of the Port Authority on a case-by-case basis.
- Staff of Civil Servants of Ministry of Merchant Maritime with the demonstration of their Service Identity
Note: Tickets of needy can be issued ONLY by the local Central Agencies of the Company.
- 50% DISCOUNT
- Children from 5 to 10 years of age.
- Large families (with the presentation of the special identity card)
- ΝΑΤ pensioner (with the presentation of the special pensioner’s document)
- Individuals with special needs or individual with reduced mobility with a degree of disability of 80% and above (with the presentation of the relevant documents accrediting the disability from the Health Committees of the responsible administrative or insurance authority until their expiry date).
- Escorts for people with special needs or reduced mobility with a degree of 80% and above (where the beneficiary is a person with Paraplegia, Quadriplegia – Blindness, Cognitive Disabilities, Autism and Down syndrome).
- War Invalids, War victims and aides or Escorts upon demonstration of the special identity card for cases A&B and official certificate of the status for case C.
- Students of Greek Universities or Greek Technical Colleges (ΑΕΙ, ΤΕΙ και ΑΕΝ–ΚΕΣΕΝ) – upon presentation of their student identity card or Student Property Sheet for students of ΑΕΝ-ΚΕΣΕΝ).
- DISCOUNTS ON TICKETS FOR VEHICLES
- 50% Discount
- Disability passenger vehicle (when accompanied by the beneficiary and bear special license plates for war invalids or vehicle parking card for the disabled – “AMA”).
- LOST AND FOUND SERVICE
Passengers, who have lost or found a lost item on board, are kindly requested to contact the ship’s Reception immediately during their journey and most importantly before disembarkation. For any information you may require after disembarkation, please contact Company’s Head Offices, Customer Services Dept.tel. +30-210-6135422, e-mail: email@example.com.
- SHIP SAFETY REGULATIONS
Passengers must comply with all safety regulations during boarding, disembarking and navigation, and public order rules within the vessel. They should also observe the rules of hygiene. Furthermore, they must comply with any order of the Master or instruction given by the crew members for the duration of the trip.
Drivers are obliged to embark and disembark their vehicle. Vehicles’ passengers must exit the vehicle before embarkation.
It is strictly prohibited to carry firearms, explosives and other hazardous substances or materials on board.
For safety reasons, all passengers and their belongings are liable to control.
In case of non- compliance, the passenger will not be allowed to embark and the port authorities will be notified on the event.
Once a passenger has boarded the vessel, they are not allowed to disembark prior to departure, unless approved by vessel’s Officers.
Passengers are not allowed to enter or remain in the garage of the vessel for during the trip.
Passengers who wish to disembark, must take with them all their luggage and/or vehicle (if possible).
Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of the vessel (National Law 3730 of the Greek Ministry of Health) For reasons of navigation safety and protection of the environment, please do not throw lit cigarettes outdoors of the vessel or in the sea.
Any weapons carried must be declared upon embarkation.
If you carry a gun, we kindly request that you declare it upon your embarkation.
- PASSENGERS COMPLAINTS DURING THE TRIP
For any complaint during the trip, passengers must contact the Master or the First Officer of the ship and after the end of the journey initially to the ticket issuer or the Company or the Port Authorities.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE LINES
For any Customer Service inquiries, comments or suggestions, please call, tel.: +30-210-6135422 or send an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.