We kindly inform our passengers that according to GJMD Ref.Δ1α/ΓΠ.οικ.66436 (Government Gazette 4919/24-10-21) the Pre-Embarkation Form requirements have been abolished.
PASSENGER INFORMATION TRAVEL INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING SARS-CoV-2 PANDEMIC (Coronavirus-COVID-19)
Protect yourselves and others from SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)
The directives include measures to prevent the transmission and spread of infection by SARS- CoV-2 (COVID-19) on passenger and passenger-ferries engaged in maritime transportation. The following guidelines were developed taking into account the scientific data on the transmission of SARS-CoV-2 (transmission from person to person via droplets or by contact) and are based on guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO), the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), the European Joint Action EU HEALTHY GATEWAYS and the National Public Health Organization (EODY). The present guidelines and restrictions described below apply to the execution of itineraries and will be reassessed taking into account the epidemiological data on COVID-19 cases in Greece and internationally.
When issuing tickets and before boarding
Boarding of passengers on ferries regardless of destination (from ports of mainland Greece
to the islands and other mainland ports, between the islands, as well as from the islands to the mainland ports) is allowed only on passengers that:
- Have completed at least fourteen (14) days before the vaccination for SARS-CoV-2
(Coronavirus - COVID-19) and demonstrate a Vaccination Certificate. Especially for those who have reached the sixtieth (60) year of age and a period of at least seven (7) months have elapsed since the completion of the vaccination, those who have also received the booster dose are considered to be vaccinated, or
- Have been diagnosed negative in a laboratory test for SARS-CoV-2 (Coronavirus - COVID-19) either by PCR method (Molecular Test) that has been performed by taking an oral-pharyngeal or nasopharyngeal smear within the last seventy-two (72) hours prior to the scheduled travel time or in a Antigen Rapid Test - RAPID TEST within the last forty-eight (48) hours prior to the scheduled travel time. The negative
diagnosis of laboratory PCR Test and Rapid Antigen Detection Test is proven by the presentation of a relevant certificate, or
- Demonstrate a Covid-19 Recovery Certificate issued fourteen (14) days after the first positive test and its validity lasts up to ninety (90) days after that. Specifically, the Recovery Certificate issued from 05.07.2021 until 31.10.21 remain valid for up to one hundred and eighty (180) days after the first positive test and in any case not beyond 31.01.2022. The validity of the Recovery Certificate issued from 01.11.2021 until
04.12.2021 lasts ninety (90) days, or
- Demonstrate a European Union Vaccination Certificate (digital COVID certificate) as well as from third countries.
- Diagnostic tests by PCR method (Molecular Test) and/or Antigen Rapid Test ( rapid test) for unvaccinated passengers are performed in private diagnostic laboratories or in private clinics or pharmacies, at their own expense are proven by negative diagnosis certificate test for SARS-CoV-2 (Coronavirus -COVID-19) on paper or electronically.
On islands where no private diagnostic laboratories or private clinics or pharmacies are available, the diagnostic tests are performed by municipal clinics and are proven in the above way.
- Minor passengers from four (4) to seventeen (17) years old are allowed on boarding by performing a Self-Test that takes place up to twenty-four (24) hours before the schedule travel time. The Self-Test statement is issued through the website https://www.gov.gr/en/sdg.
During the boarding passengers must demonstrate to the Designated Officer all the above - mentioned necessary documents as well as any document certifying their identity.
The personnel of the Coast Guard – Hellenic Coast Guard will carry out in-depth controls
for the observance of the measures.
The use of a protective mask is mandatory for the duration of stay in all interior and outdoor areas of the ship. The use of a double mask or mask (FFP2 or N95) is recommended.
Passengers are advised to come to the port of departure on time to facilitate the screening
process before boarding.
- Social distance
Maintaining social distance by adopting special signage and controlled entry measures, to maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 meters between passengers.
- Maintaining social distance on board
It is recommended to avoid unnecessary movements of passengers inside the ship. To avoid unnecessary movements, the passengers are guided to their seats by the relevant crew members.
Where there are permanent non-movable seats either inside or outside there will be special markings on where a passenger is allowed to sit and where not, in order to maintain distances. In all interior and exterior areas of the ship, a distance of at least 1.5 meters between passengers will be maintained.
There is special floor marking at all possible points of passenger gathering such as in the reception area, passenger service in bars, shared toilets so that the required distances of 1.5 meters between passengers are observed.
The minimum number of passengers will enter the shared toilets in order to maintain the required social distance of 1.5 meters between passengers.
- Personal protective equipment for passengers
The use of a protective mask is mandatory for the entire duration of the passengers' stay in all internal and external areas of the ship. The use of a double mask or mask (FFP2 or N95) is recommended. The first line of defense against infections is careful hand hygiene. Frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds is recommended. If the hands are not visibly soiled, an alcoholic solution (eg alcohol 70°C) can be used as an alternative. There are antiseptic stations at the entrances of the ship and in various parts of it such as in the public toilets, in the reception, in the passenger service points (bars). Using gloves is not a substitute for hand washing.
- Hands must be washed
After any direct contact with another person or their respiratory secretions (saliva, droplets), with objects touched by other people such as handrails, handles, etc., before putting on the mask, before and after removing the mask, before and after removing gloves, after using the toilet, before eating, before touching the face, etc.
After contact with objects that have come into contact with respiratory or patient secretions (e.g. tissues)
- Strict adherence to proper respiratory hygiene
Covering the mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing and then discarding it in a plastic bag and applying antiseptic to the hands. The necessary materials such as (tissues or paper towels, disposable gloves, plastic bag, etc.) are available at the reception of the ship in case it is requested by the passengers, as well as in the case of a suspected case.
- Strict adherence to hygiene measures
- Avoid hand contact with mouth, nose or eyes to prevent the spread of germs
- Avoid contact with patients who have respiratory symptoms.
- Proper waste management.
- Proper use of personal protective equipment (mask and gloves).
- People for whom the use of a mask is not indicated for medical reasons proven with the appropriate documents, such as due to respiratory problems.
- Children under three (3) years of age.
WE WILL FIGHT COVID-19 TOGETHER!
GOUTOS LINES with a high sense of responsibility has taken all appropriate and necessary
measures to minimize, reduce dispersion and manage a suspected case at sea of the disease of the new
Covid-19 Coronavirus strain.
Always prioritized the safety and health of passengers and crew members, it has developed and
implemented a comprehensive Management Plan for the prevention and treatment of Coronavirus
COVID-19 on board according to directives of the National Public Health Organization (EODY), the
World Health Organization (WHO), the International Maritime Chamber (ICS), the International
Maritime Health Association (IMHA) , the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Disease
Prevention (ECDC) and the EU Healthy Gateways European Joint Action.
The company has set up a Special Task Force Covid-19 within the company and on board, which are
constantly trained for the evolution of the pandemic as well as for the timely identification of the
symptoms of the new Covid-19Coronavirus and have received clear instructions in case of an on-
board case for the appropriate measures to protect the occupants, crews and ground staff. The Covid-
19 Task Force (Task Force Covid-19) is constantly updated and cooperates with the National Public
Health Organization and all the competent authorities of the country to take appropriate measures to
protect passengers, crews and ground staff.
All appropriate prevention and protection measures as required have been secured for our vessel.
These measures are:-
The enhanced cleaning of thevessel with mild disinfectants according to the special
instructions of the EODY, as well as its regular disinfection by specialized certified
workshops. Frequent cleaning and disinfection of surfaces of frequent uses such as door
knobs, handles, taps, handrails, etc. and air conditioning units with the products indicated by
Frequent natural ventilation in all areas of the ship
Instructions to crew members to maintain the social distance and avoid confounding crew,
crew-passengers and passengers with each other on board, the application of personal
protective equipment for themselves and for passengers, the meticulous observance of proper
respiratory hygiene, and compliance with hygiene measures by all occupants.
It applies the Pre-Boarding Health Declaration Questionnaire for the purpose of detecting
passengers in case they have been exposed to the new Covid-19 Koronioio as part of the
implementation of passenger boarding control measures, and clear instructions have been
given for the management of a suspicious case on board.
It has equipped the ship with sufficient medical supplies and equipment to deal with cases as
required by law.
At GOUTOS LINES we make sure that your trip is safe. We are taking all necessary measures to
protect each other.
Thank you for helping us secure your health.