According to the measures & instructions to protect public health from the risk of further spread of the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 the following apply for ferry connection within the country:
From 14 February 2022 (06:00) until 21 February 2022 (06:00).
Travelers who are fully vaccinated or have been infected with SARS-CοV-2:
- those who have completed at least fourteen (14) days of COVID-19 coronavirus vaccination and demonstrate a vaccination certificate with simultaneous identification of the holder and
- those who have completed at least fourteen (14) days of vaccination for COVID-19 coronavirus with one (1) dose of vaccine due to their infection from COVID-19 coronavirus and demonstrate a certificate of complete coverage – recovery and vaccination with simultaneous identification of the holder.
Especially for those who have reached the age of sixty and a period of at least seven (7) months have elapsed from the administration of the second dose or, in the case of single-dose vaccines, from the administration of the single dose. Those who have received the booster dose are considered fully vaccinated.
From 01.02.2022, and without the age restriction of the previous paragraph, those adults who have been vaccinated and a period of at least seven (7) months have elapsed from the administration of the second dose or, in case of single-dose vaccines, from the administration of the single dose, are considered fully vaccinated if they have received the booster dose if they perform routes where the embarkation or disembarkation point is outside the boundaries of the Regional Unit where they have their headquarters provide:
- Vaccination certificate, through the website https://www.gov.gr/ipiresies/ugeia-kai-pronoia/koronoios-covid-19 or, if it is a foreigner, according to the provisions of items D1a / GP.oik. 745 / 07.01.2022 (Β ’25) joint ministerial decision, as in each case. The use of a vaccination certificate, in case of illness of a fully vaccinated person, is not allowed for as long as provided by the applicable health protocols, or
- Recovery certificate issued:
- After laboratory testing by PCR method for coronavirus 19V CO within fourteen (14) days after the first positive test,
- Especially for the fully vaccinated and after a positive test using COVID-19 coronavirus antigen (rapid test). The validity of the recovery certificate lasts up to ninety (90) days after the above single or first positive test, subject to the next two paragraphs.
Specifically, the recovery certificates issued from 24.07.2021 until 31.10. 2021 either after laboratory test by PCR method or after test using rapid coronavirus antigen detection COVID-19 (rapid test) remain in force up to one hundred and eighty (180) days after the first positive test and in any case not beyond 31.01.2022 .The validity of the recovery certificates issued from 01.11.2021 until 04.12.2021 lasts ninety (90) days. The first positive test is carried out by:
- Public authority in accordance with the relevant legislation or
- Reference laboratories public or private and includes the name of the person as it appears on the identity card or passport. If a repeat laboratory test is performed by the PCR method after ninety (90) days plus one (1) day and it is positive, no recovery certificate is issued. Travelers who are not fully vaccinated or ill, regardless of destination, if they are traveling where the boarding or disembarkation point is outside the boundaries of the Regional Unit where they are based, undergo a COVID-19 coronavirus (PCR or rapid test) diagnostic test in private diagnostic laboratories, as defined in p.d. 84/2001 (A ’70), or in private clinics or in pharmacies or to a private doctor, at their own expense within the last seventy two (72) hours for PCR and within forty eight (48) hours for rapid test before the realization of their journey.
Minors from four (4) to seventeen (17) years old may, alternatively, submit a negative self-test statement. The certificate of the above diagnostic tests:
- must have been issued by reference laboratories in public or private and
- must include the name of the person, as it appears on the identity card or passport. The self-test of disease (self-test) from coronavirus COVID-19 is certified in the electronic platform self-testing.gov.gr or in the special platform edupass.gov.gr of the joint decision 124068 / ΓΔ / 4 / 1.10.2021 of the Ministers Education and Religions, Health and State (Β ‘4558), or via the electronic school card for COVID-19.
The declaration of self-test (self-test) of the last twenty-four hours of minors is made either by any parent, even those who do not have custody, or a guardian. No physical presence of the parent or guardian is required upon presentation of the declaration.
The above certificates are provided either printed from the digital platform www.gov.gr or electronically through the mobile device of the individual/ employee, where the designated employee, the owner or legal representative of the respective company, the employer or the respective authorized person scans electronically through the special application of article 33 of law 4816/2021 (AD 118) Covid Free GR with simultaneous identity check of the holder. Alternatively, if the above certificates are presented by a foreigner from a third country (outside the European Union), the persons of the previous paragraph check these certificates in paper form with simultaneous verification of the identity of the holder. The above certificates (vaccination, recovery, diagnostic and self-diagnostic test) are provided by travelers in combination with a police ID or driver’s license or passport or other proof of identity, in order to carry out an identity check on them, when issuing their tickets and before boarding the above means of transport, by the staff of each service / company or by staff of security companies. Where there are no private diagnostic laboratories or private clinics or pharmacies or private doctors, diagnostic tests are performed by municipal clinics. In case a passenger does not wear a mask, high respiratory protection (FFP2 or N95) or alternatively double mask (surgical and fabric) he is not allowed to enter the vessel.