General Terms and Conditions of Passage
PURCHASE OF PASSENGER TICKETS AND VEHICLE TRANSPORT RECEIPTS
Purchase of passenger tickets and vehicles transport receipts may be conducted in the following ways:
- Through the website goutoslines.gr or www.goutoslines.com
- From all tourist offices, travel agents or shipping agencies co-operating with us.
- Tickets purchased through our website can be obtained from the shipping agencies through which the booking transpired.
Passengers and vehicles must be at the departure point at least one hour before departure.
CONDITIONS OF PASSENGER TICKETS
- Each passenger ticket is personal, non-transferable and is valid only for the category, date, route and trip for which it was issued.
- Passengers must be at the embarkation area at least one hour before departure. In the case of passenger arrival after the ship’s departure, the fare is not refunded.
- The shipping company is not responsible for any delay in sailing, deviation or modification of the scheduled route owing to bad weather conditions or Port Authority orders, or due to force majeure.
- Explosives, inflammable, incendiary and dangerous materials in general are strictly prohibited on board.
- Passengers must abide by Port Authority, Sanitary and Custom regulations.
- Passengers must comply with all safety regulations during embarkation, disembarkation, on board the vessel, maintain public order, observe hygiene rules and comply with the orders of the Master and the crew during passage.
Any complaint during the trip should be addressed to the vessel’s Master or the ship’s First Mate. Upon arrival complaints may be addressed either to the Travel Agency which issued the ticket, the shipping company, or to the Port Authorities.
For any questions or comments, passengers can contact the company’s Customer Service Department on 210-6135422.
VEHICLE TRANSPORT RECEIPT CONDITIONS
- The vehicle must be at the embarkation area one (1) hour before departure.
- Drivers are obliged to embark and disembark their vehicle.
- Vehicle’s passengers must exit the vehicle before embarkation.
- During passage, luggage can remain in the vehicle. However, drivers and passengers should carry with them any objects they may need during the journey as, after sailing, access to the vessel’s garage is forbidden.
- The shipping company cannot be held responsible for any theft or loss of money, securities or other valuables on the ship.
- Passengers are prohibited from carrying explosive, flammable or incendiary devices and dangerous materials in general.
- Priority order for embarkation is determined by the Port Regulations of each Port Authority, where embarkation takes place.
CANCELLATION OF TICKETS
- Tickets cancelled up to 48 hours before the ship’s departure time have no charge.
- Tickets cancelled up to 12 hours before the ship’s departure (exact time) have 50% refund of the fare.
- For cancellations made in less than 12 hours before departure time fare CANNOT be refunded.
- Tickets can be cancelled only by the issuing agency. Passengers wishing to cancel their tickets must present them to the issuing agency.
- Tickets’ phone cancellations are not permitted.
- There is a choice of change in Open-Date tickets to be used in a next trip.
- Tickets converted to Open-Date tickets have a 50% cancellation charge.
- In cases where the scheduled itinerary is not carried out through the fault of the company or due to force majeure (e.g. prohibition of departure owing to weather conditions), the entire value of the ticket is returned to the passenger. Schedules are subject to changes communicated through the website www.goutoslines.gr or www.goutoslines.com
CHANGES OF TICKETS
Tickets can be changed only by the tourist office/agency or shipping agency which has issued the ticket or by the company’s central shipping agencies at the ports.
- Passenger or vehicle tickets can be converted to Open-Date tickets to be used on a next trip.
- Open-Date tickets are replaced by a new ticket of equal or greater value, by paying the difference depending on the availability for the same or a different trip. Any difference in the price is not refundable. For this new ticket all cancellation terms are according to the cancellation terms and conditions of the originally issued ticket. The new ticket cannot be issued with any discount if the original ticket has no discount. Vehicle tickets cannot be replaced by passenger tickets and vice versa.
- Open-Date tickets are valid up to one year from the date and time of issued.
- Tickets can be converted to Open-Date tickets up to 4 hours before ship departure in low season.
- In high season and legal holidays tickets can be converted to Open-Date tickets up to 24 hours before ship departure.
- Low Season : from 01-01-2020 to 09-04-2020
from 04-05-2020 to 03-06-2020
from 14-09-2020 to 30-09-2020
- High Season : from 10-04-2020 to 03-05-2020
from 04-06-2020 to 13-09-2020
In case of ticket loss, the passenger is obliged to buy a new ticket.
According to EU Directive 98/41/EC, a registry listing all passengers on the route is mandatory for safety reasons. For the purposes of registration, tickets are issued BY NAME and state in any case:
- The passenger’s full name.
- Gender: male/female
- Age: adult/child/infant
During electronic booking or ticket issue, passengers are obliged to provide accurate details of their identity , contact telephone number and email address, for the sole purpose of being informed by the carrier in case of delay or cancellation of the itinerary. If the passenger is unwilling to disclose contact information, this will be recorded in writing on the ticket.
Passengers should also check at ticket issue the correctness of the data shown on the ticket (date, time, route, ship, identity, etc) and not accept it in case of improper entry. During ticket issue individuals needing SPECIAL CARE should be reported to the agency or ticket company.
The ticket price (freight) includes the transfer of the passenger to the port of destination, seat category chosen, as well as any additional legal chargers (taxes, port fees, etc).
The price of vehicle transport receipt (freight) includes the transport of the vehicle to the port of destination and any legal charges thereof (taxes, port fees, etc).
Discounts are not cumulative. If more than one discount cases are in force, only the bigger discount applies.
Passengers entitled to discount are kindly requested to declare so at the time of reservation and present all relevant documents both at the issue of the corresponding discount ticket and on boarding the vessel. After ticket issue, no fare difference is refunded.
Passenger groups are entitled to special agreements.
The company grants discounts to passengers in accordance with its commercial policy. Indicatively, we clarify the following:
Discounts to passenger tickets
- 100% Discount
– Children up to 5 years of age, with the obligatory issue of zero-fare ticket.
– Pauper with a certificate of the Department concerned, Prefecture, ID and Official Note of the Port Authority.
– Coast Guard Personnel, Hellenic Coast Guard Officers in practice, travelling for official causes by showing their official ID.
– Probation Officers, Warrant Officers, Hellenic Coast Guard Personnel when moving in group up to 50 pax for educational purposes.
– Private Civil Servants of the Ministry of Mercantile Marine by showing their ID.
Note: Pauper, Coast Guard Personnel, Hellenic Coast Guard Officers, Probation Officers, Warrant Officers, Hellenic Coast Guard Personnel and Private Civil Servants of the Ministry of Mercantile Marine are issued ONLY by the Company’s Central Agencies.
- 50% Discount
– Children from 5 to 10 years of age.
– Large families (with the presentation of the special identity card)
– NAT pensioners (with the presentation of the special pensioner’s document)
– Disabled individuals or individuals with reduced mobility (AMEA: DISABLED) with a degree of disability of 80% and above (with the presentation of the relevant documents accrediting the disability from the Health Committees of the responsible administrative or insurance authority until their expiry date).
– Escorts for people with disabilities or reduced mobility with a degree of disability of 80% and above (where the beneficiary is a person with Paraplegia, Quadriplegia – Blindness, Cognitive Disabilities, Autism and Down syndrome).
– War Invalids, War victims and aides or Escorts upon demonstration of the special identity card for cases A&B and official certificate of status for case C.
– Students of Greek Universities or Greek Technical Colleges (AEI, TEI, AEN-KESEN) – upon presentation of their student identity card or Student Property Sheet for students of AEN-KESEN).
Discounts on tickets for vehicles
- 100% Discount
Ministry of Mercantile Marine, Hellenic Coast Guard and Coast Guard vehicles.
- 50% Discount
Disability passenger vehicles (when accompanied by the beneficiary and bear special license plates for war invalids or vehicle parking card for the disabled – “AMA”).
SHIP SAFETY REGULATIONS
- It is strictly prohibited to carry firearms, explosives and other hazardous substances or materials on board.
- Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of the vessel. For reasons of navigation safety and protection of the environment, please do not throw lit cigarettes outdoors of the vessel or in the sea.
- Passengers are not allowed to enter or remain in the garage of the vessel for the duration of the trip.
- Pets can travel free of charge.
- Pets are not allowed in indoor public areas or cabins (with the exception of guide dogs). The vessel has special accommodation areas for them.
- If pets move around on the vessel (always escorted and on a leash), they must wear a muzzle.
- Passengers travelling with a pet must always carry the updated health booklet of the pet and be responsible for their care, safety and hygiene.
- Unaccompanied pets are not accepted.
Passengers must comply with all safety regulations during boarding, disembarking and navigation, and public order rules within the vessel. They should also observe the rules of hygiene. Furthermore, they must comply with any order or instruction given by crew members for the duration of the trip.